Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Group Project

Saving Lives Group Project Outline

12 comments:

  1. Group leader - Joon Shin
    Shantle Santos
    Eli Whitehead
    David He
    Louis Johnson
    The aftermath of the tsunami and the earthquake of Japan. We chose this because this event impacted many people around the world. Also, it makes a point in how interconnected the world is right now. It has affected much of the world's economy from automobiles and agricultural products.

    Joon: good at editing, after effects
    David: good at powerpoint
    Shantle: good at publisher, photoshop
    Louis: good at publisher
    Eli: good at html coding, photoshop and design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard L, Ryan E, Chris M, Manjot K,
    Leader: Patrick B

    Our topic is the Teacher Strike in B.C. and how the Government is screwing over other workers. We chose this topic because it affects us directly also it is very unfair to the teachers.
    Richard L: what I bring to the table is my wits and writing ability
    Patrick B: I have multiple skills with computers, such as; Powerpoint, Photoshop, and some knowledge in C++.
    Ryan E: I am good at asking question and I am hard worker.
    Manjot K: I am good at M.Word.
    Chris M: I am good at the photoshops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes indeed this group is amazing

      Delete
  3. Leader: Victor
    Members: Aden, Caleb, David Lee
    Topic: Syria

    Victor
    Strengths: Photoshop, Publisher, Powerpoint, html, Illustrator
    Task: Homepage, keeping everyone on task

    Aden
    Strengths: Powerpoint, Photoshop, Publisher
    Task: Webpage about Syrian Goverment

    Caleb
    Strengths: Typing, Powerpoint, Microsoft Word
    Task: Webpage about UN intervering in Syria

    David Lee
    Strengths: Photoshop, Powerpoint, html
    Task: Webpage about Syrian Military actions

    Why we chose this topic:

    I choose this topic because I think that this would be very interesting and because I care about whats happening around the world.
    -Victor

    I chose this topic because i'm from the middle east and its a really big deal that the rebellions is happening.
    -Aden

    I chose this topic because I have some knowledge about this topic. Therefore, I can contribute to the group more!
    -Caleb

    I chose this topic because I thought the Syrian Military was controlling the country by force. So I got interested in this so I want specific information on that.
    -David Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leader: Austyn
    Inferiors: Omyer, Allen, Johnjohn and Lee

    Topic: The Arab Spring
    The Arab Spring is the uprising of the various arab countries in North Africa and in the Middle East.

    Why are we doing this topic?
    We are doing this topic because three out of the five people in our group are arab descendants and all of us are interested in researching more about this topic.

    Austyn: Well I'm good at everything except for photoshop. I have experience with HTML, Powerpoint and Microsoft Word, which are the three main things we have worked on this semester so far.

    Johnjohn: I am experienced with Photoshop because I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 and have been using it for nearly a year. I can also do well in Publisher because I used Publisher in Info Tech last year.

    Omyer: I am experienced with Photoshop and also HTML as I have used it various times.

    Allen: i'm experienced in photo0shop and and have used publisher and word and am quite good at it.

    Lee: I am good at powerpoint,I am very well used too powerpoint, and i am ok at publisher and word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irene(leader), Lisa, Angel, Susan, Queenie.
    Topic: global warming in antarctica - how it affects animals, the world, and how we can help.
    we believe that this issue is very important because it effects the world and our future generations.
    Angel: homepage
    Irene: what is global warming?
    Queenie: how we can help
    Susan: how it effects the world and the future
    Lisa: animals in antarctica
    Susan is good at planning and organizing.
    Irene is good at powerpoint.
    Queenie - photoshop
    Angel - microsoft word
    Lisa - research

    ReplyDelete
  6. Group:Nava Kohanal, Zelena Pha, Allison McDonald,Jacqueline Chen,Naomi Chao
    Leader: Zelena Pha
    Topic: Japan's disaster. An earthquake that occurred in Japan last year.
    Why?: It is one of the biggest disasters that affected many people. News about it has died down but the crisis is ongoing and people still need help so we are informing people about the topic.
    1)
    Nava: Microsoft Office (Power Point/Publisher/Word) PhotoShop - a little bit HTML (Just tagging)Designing things.
    Allison: Microsoft office, i am good at mediating discussion and ok at photoshop
    Jacqueline: I am good at creating pages and designing the articles. I know all the basics about Microsoft Office and Photoshop.
    Naomi: i am good at design and photoshop an researcing for information.
    Zelena: Microsoft Word, thinking about answers for Essential Questions
    2) Allison:Powerpoint quiz, research
    Naomi:awareness poster on photoshop, research
    Jacqueline:website design, research
    Nava:finding pictures, aiding in website design
    Zelena:summarizing articles, research

    ReplyDelete
  7. Group: Hayley, Julia, Lilian and Diana
    Leader: Hayley
    Topic: Endangered Panda Awareness
    Pandas are becoming more and more endangered as we speak and someone needs to do something about it. We can spread awareness about this topic as we really care about this animal and want to see it survive for generations to come.
    Hayley: I am a good leader because I am responsible, efficient and finish my work on time. I am good at using photoshop to create vibrant, engaging and original photos. I have never made an HTML before so that is an area where I could use some further improvement. I am in charge of making and photoshopping all photos that will go into our photo gallery. I will also be in charge of the home page (Julia will be helping me with this)
    Julia: I am good at using HTML as I have done it before and I am good at using the space available to its best capabilities. I need further improvement on using photoshop as this was my first time using photoshop. I believe with further practice I will be fine with photoshop. I will be in charge of making a though provoking quiz. I will also be in charge of making an awareness movie on I-movie to go on our home page.
    Lilian: I am good at designing and thinking outside of the box. I have done HTML before and enjoy doing it. I need help with researching skills as I cannot seem to find subjects that I am concerned about. I will be in charge of the page that has support on it and I will finish and put together the layout of the HTML.
    Diana: I am good at using Microsoft Office applications like word, powerpoint and publisher. I am also good at doing HTML's aswell. Diana chose to "walk out" before we could make a decision of what she was to do.
    We are going to put the following things on our website A support page, a home page, a video and photo gallery, an adopt a panda page, and conservation page

    ReplyDelete
  8. our group is russle,young,curtis, and jordan
    the leader is russle
    we are going to be doing the 2004 earthquake and tsunami in the indian ocean we chose it because it was one of the largest earthquakes ever at a rating of over 9 and it impacted everyone in and around the india ocean killing tens of thousands. we will explain the aid they need and are recieving, the disaster itself and the aftermath the disaster was bigger than many such as the japan earthwuake and may not have got the attention that it deserved
    we will talk about our strengths on thursday next week

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Group:BossGroup
    Topic:Joseph Kony in Afganistan

    Why: We are doing this topic because it is a recent hot topic all over the social media and it is a very interesting topic. It is impressive how everyone can know about this topic in a day. Therefore, we are all interested in searching for more information about this topic!

    Members: Eric Tsai (Leader), Yann Perriard, Lucas Swaddling, Jared Obendorf, Pica Yoooooo

    What are you good at in IT? What contributions as you bring to the group?

    Eric Tsai = Pictures, Designings, HTML, Typing, Microsoft Programs

    Lucas Swaddling= HTML, Photoshop, Microsoft Programs, Research, Videos

    Yann Perriard= Editting photos and videos, Pictures, Video/Information search, Powerpoints

    Jared Obendor= Page design, Publishing, Video Creations

    Pica Yooo= N/A

    TASKS:
    To create a website with internal designing, interactive videos, and supportive researching to provide background information based on the war happening in Afghanistan because of Joseph Kony. We will split each task separating while communicating through Facebook and other websites to stay on task. We will be providing the website with Main points and exact edtails to keep our readers interested. We hope this website provides you with all the criteria provided for us, and also a great presentation we hope you will enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Group leader: Russell
    Members: Curtis, young, jordan.
    curtis is good at making connections
    Young can do html
    Russell can show great leadership
    Jordan can do photoshop very well

    Russell's job is to lead and find background information
    Curtis's job is to raise awareness of the disaster
    Young's job is to make the home page, and researching the aftermath of the disaster
    Jordan's job is to research the effect it had on the world

    ReplyDelete
  11. Group: Noah, Jamie, Joseph, Ahsan, Maninder

    Leader: Noah

    Topic: Joseph Kony

    Why?: Because it is a topic we all find interesting, and would like to learn more about.

    What do you bring:

    Noah: Photoshop and HTML

    Jamie: word documents about joseph kony.

    Joseph: research and do publisher.

    Ahsan: pictures and photoshop.

    Maninder: Microsoft PowerPoint.

    ReplyDelete